California Day 2!!

To: (123) 456-7890 -- From: Raven

ERROR: NUMBER NOT FOUND

Song: [Belong Together - Mark Ambor]

Book: [The Book Thief - Markus Zusak]

Keywords: [California trip, trips]


I'm sitting outside on the balcony in the cool, sweet summer air of California. It's dark- the stars are out and the city's lit up. It's so peaceful out here; it always has been for me.

We went to a horse park today and watched the dressage! It was so cool to see; I've never watched dressage before. For those who are not avid equestrians, dressage is executing a series of movements as horse and rider with upmost precision. It's commonly thought of as "dancing with the horse" because of the surreal-looking movements riders can make their horses perform! 

As a rider myself, this was not only fun but a learning experience too. I'm trained to assess the position of each rider, the movements of their horse, and the connection between the two. Because of this, I got to practice my skills and see how proper dressage is done! I know my trainer will be happy to hear that I've been getting some education while I'm away :)

Speaking of education, before-term schoolwork sucks!! This post's book is The Book Thief by Markus Zusak; we're required to read it and do a whole assignment over summer break :( It's a good book though; "When Death has a story to tell, you listen."

I wanted to share some philosophical thoughts too, because Number Not Found is nothing without some late-night introspection. If you've found yourself in the aftermath of a no-contact period with your partner, just take it slow. Just breathe. I've learned that we don't have to have everything figured out. We just need to be us <3

--Raven

Comments

Popular Posts